About Prevail Health Solutions:
Prevail Health’s mission is to provide clinically-proven health and wellness programs combined with a best-in-class, caring support network. Prevail is a funded, health care technology start up that has built an innovative interactive application scientifically proven through clinical trials to treat a wide range of behavioral mental health symptoms and conditions at the individual level. Prevail is dramatically changing mental health care and the economics of mental illness, whose annual cost is measured in hundreds of billions annually in the US.
Our interactive service introduces new technology that allows us to offer customized interactive mental health treatment to high priority groups of individuals including personalized and tailored on-demand support. We have partnered with the National Science Foundation to develop this innovative platform with support from a range of partners and funders, including Goldman Sachs Foundation, Bristol Meyers Squibb Foundation, Rush University, and many others.
About the Role:
With over 100,000 users accessing Prevail Health’s technology each month, we are constantly pushing the boundaries of our platform in an evolving industry that is changing every day.
We are looking for someone that has strong experience developing user interfaces for applications on Android using Android SDK. Our ideal candidate will be highly technical, analytical, innovative, and self-motivated. Being part of a startup, your responsibility does not stop at programming; it also encompasses building your knowledge of Prevail’s mission and business model and needing to interact through the entire software development lifecycle with a passionate product team.
If you’re interested in joining a team passionate about creating applications that care while engaging individuals in their wellness, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Work closely with our product and design teams to customize the Prevail experience for the Android platform
- Prototype new and redesign of existing features
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative consumer-facing mobile health and wellness products
- Have a BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 1-3 years of software development experience
- 1+ years of object-oriented software development experience
- 1+ years building Android applications in Java using Android Studio
- Experience in cross platform application development, including RESTful web services
- Knowledge on UI design principles, like Material UI, and making apps work intuitively
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Benefits include health and dental insurance
- A very casual dress code and a fun, interactive and open working environment
If you’re an experienced developer ready to take on new challenges in a dynamic start-up atmosphere that if changing the way we all access support in health and wellness, then don’t hesitate to reach out and apply for the position. We take a holistic approach to hiring and consider the unique qualifications of each candidate.